The Vikings ruled the seas and rivers for centuries with their ships called Drakkars. Now dominate the seas with this fantastic handmade pendant or keychain.
Viking drakkar ships were the fastest, toughest, and best-prepared ships in the world to sail the ocean. Furthermore, the Vikings studied the forces of the winds and were unrivaled when it came to maneuvering with the drakkars. They were oriented very precisely without using a compass. Probably and according to studies they established latitude by the position of the sun, the moon and the stars to orient themselves. They sailed close to the shores, watching for landmarks. A veteran helmsman was busy setting the course to follow. They observed the islands, clouds, the flight of seagulls, the size and color of the algae where they sailed. They calculated the speed and the miles traveled by observing its wake and the force with which the stem of the prow was breaking the waves. The gunwales of the ships were very low and the waves could easily flood them. The Viking crew risked their lives in every storm the gods sent. Those who died during the voyage were thrown into the sea without contemplation. Such a ship could advance at a speed of six knots carrying a load of 40 tons. The mast was not rigidly attached to the hull, but could be moved or lowered if the ship needed to be dragged on land with the help of logs. The keel, a Viking invention introduced in the 7th century, provided stability and maneuverability in very fast currents. In the calm or with a headwind, the crew members held the oars incessantly until they reached their destination.
** Please note that each pendant and keychain is unique in shape and size, as each branch has its own shape and characteristics.
- This pendant and keychain is made to order. It may take 2 more days for its shipment to be prepared and its appearance may vary as a custom product
- Pyrography craft product, handmade.
- Gender: Unisex
- All products are sent in a cloth or suede bag and a gift detail.
- Approximate diameter: 3 to 4 cm
- Approximate thickness: 6mm
- Adjustable and adaptable cord from 40cm to 80cm more or less.
- Materials: the pendant can be pyro-engraved in natural walnut, oak, eucalyptus, beech, maple, chestnut, etc. Treated with natural linseed oil and citrus orange essential oil. Premium quality natural leather cord or waxed cord and features a stainless steel, brass, bronze or wood trim. Aged steel key ring.